For young people aged 15 to 17 living in the Southern hemisphere, SILC is able to offer school tuition programmes from November to February. This enables students to take advantage of their long Summer holiday and then attend school in France during the middle term of the French school year.
Integrated in a French Lycée they will attend classes with their French friends and spend evenings and weekends with their French host family.
Attending school in France at this time offers several advantages:
- It is Winter in France and therefore there is the opportunity to stay in the mountain regions and experience winter sports: skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing and walks in snowshoes…
- From the beginning of December the French towns are decorated and illuminated, and in the bigger towns Christmas markets are set up in anticipation of the Christmas celebrations.
- Spending Christmas in France enables you to experience all the French Christmas and New Year traditions with your host family,
- French students have a two-week holiday from the end of December to the beginning of January, which makes it easy to organize a short-stay. For example, a visit to another region of France or a city trip to another European capital: London, Madrid, Berlin, Prague, Dublin and even Amsterdam are less than 3 hours by plane from most of the major French cities (SILC are able to organize this trip for you),
- The Winter sales begin mid-January: the opportunity to shop at cheaper prices,
- Discover French gastronomy and Winter dishes: ‘pot au feu’, beef bourguignon, cheese specialities are not to be missed and perfect for keeping warm!
For more information, consult the school programme and contact the SILC team